#7: Does Cold Calling Work?
Cold calling works. Make no mistake about it. The question is: Is calling on a prospect “cold” your best investment in time and energy? I think not. If you do insist on cold calling, I strongly recommend you use a hook.
email@example.com (Talk to me)
1. Always use a “hook” when calling people who may not be familiar with you or your work.
2. Have a specific reason for your call.
3. Keep your call brief and on point.
4. Do not “schmooze” with people you don’t know. Get to the point of your call.
5. Leave the call if at all possible with a follow up step. Your call should be the first step in an ongoing sequence of events.
Note: A “hook” is a reference to somebody or something familiar to your target audience.
- 1-Minute River Knowledge
- AmaWaterways Blog
- Business Development
- Business Videos
- Employee & Self-Motivation
- How-To Training Sessions
- Marketing Mistakes
- Mike's Memo
- Mike's Musings
- Sales Nuggets
- Sales Tips
- Selling Mistakes
- Travel Research
- TRO Column
- Video Lessons