It is early on a Saturday morning and as usual, I can be found spending a few moments googling topics of interest to gain some valuable insight or an unfair advantage over my competition. (I strongly recommend that you adopt this habit in the near future.)
An article on employee motivation caught my attention and I was soon reminded of how good I felt when somebody out there in Internet land emailed to tell me that “I made their day.” What a great feeling knowing that in some small way you added to somebody’s emotional state … favorably.
That is when it dawned on me that you don’t have to wait for others to make your day for them. Why not grab the bull by the horns and “make your own day” … each and every day?
Here are just a few ideas I came up with. Do these things everyday and you will become a person that others will gravitate towards. You will also begin enjoying being with yourself more.
- Make it a point to say a few kind words to strangers … every day. (Kindness) Not only will this not hurt, but there is a good chance it will become habit forming.
- Send one email to “anybody” thanking them for “something.” (Gratitude) Come on. There must be somebody?)
- Spend 10-minutes researching a topic of interest. (Research) Hint: Choose your specialty topic.
- Begin parking in a space as far from the entrance as possible. (Exercise) You will always find a space and the walk will do you good.
- Cut your caloric intake by 5%. (Nutrition) Who can’t afford to lose an extra pound or two?
You can probably think of many more simple daily tasks that will make you feel better about yourself. If you just start practicing #1 above you will instantly become a better you.
The world continues to become more cut-throat and there are simply not enough kind words being bandied around. Become The Exception. Look for the good in others. Start spreading some good news. You will “make their day” while “making your own day.” I dare you. Try it.
Here are two short videos explaining two valuable resources/opportunities.
Sales Class: Short Video
- 1-Minute River Knowledge
- AmaWaterways Blog
- Business Development
- Business Videos
- Employee & Self-Motivation
- How-To Training Sessions
- Marketing Mistakes
- Mike's Memo
- Mike's Musings
- Sales Nuggets
- Sales Tips
- Selling Mistakes
- Travel Research
- TRO Column
- Video Lessons